Sunday 29 July 2012

Things Unseen

















Ooh – I've been a bit slack in my blog updates for a bit. Mostly because I've had my head down to commissions and getting my emerging poetry manuscript 'Byssus' ready to be seen by a few folk. Some of it – a sequence of poems about microscopic marine life – is included in Anne Bevan's new exhibition, which opens this Friday at the Bonhoga Gallery in Shetland. I've put a different head on this weekend: it's that happy time of year where Mary Blance (of BBC Radio Shetland's Books Programme) and I get to judge the Shetland Library's Young Shetland Writer competition. Some wonderful pieces of poetry and prose in there, and I'm excited as ever to see so much strong writing in Shetland Dialect. I'm interspersing my reading with renovations to a broken creel I found in the skip, and possibly some rope-making later.

No comments: